El Secreto De Sus Ojos

Post image of El Secreto De Sus Ojos

This film is directed by Juan Jose Campanella. One word to describe this film: brilliant. I was completely blown away by Campanella’s work. This is first time I have ever seen a piece by him. From the very start of the film, the editing of the film caught my eye. This film made me think, I wasn’t just watching aimlessly.

Campanella is an Argentinian director and many would be more familiar with his direction on American TV shows: House MD, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, and 30 Rock.

This film is a detective story but the narrative has so much more to add than just the usual formula of a detective story.

This is a love story – a film about passion and what lengths someone will go to pursue their passions. This story incorporates wittiness, humor, violence, sexuality, love, crime, corruption, passion, obsession, retribution, desire, and madness. The actors that were cast for this film played their roles stupendously.

What more can you ask of a film? I left the film wanting more and not many films can do that. I am glad I saw this film and anticipate watching more films by Campanella. I hope raving about this film will make you curious enough to see the film. It is currently playing at Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and City Cinemas Cinemas. Please go see this film in the theaters. It is well worth spending $12. If you don’t have a chance to watch this film in the theaters, it is on Netflix.

Posted by christina421   @   1 May 2010

Like this post? Share it!

RSS Digg Twitter StumbleUpon Delicious Technorati

Comments
Jun 21, 2014
9:53 pm

I am curious to find out what blog platform you’re using? I’m experiencing some minor security
problems with my latest website and I would like to find something more safeguarded.
Do you have any recommendations?

Sorry, comments are closed.

Previous Post
«
Next Post
»